Thursday, February 24, 2022

Hugs from my girls

For those who are reading this and don't know, I lost all 4 of our children between 6-24weeks of pregnancy.  I lost Micah at 24weeks in February 2014, Alison at 6weeks in May 2014 and twins Heidi and Noah at 8weeks in August 2015.  My husband and I have special stuffed animals for each of our children.  Micah's is a white and brown spotted dog.  Alison's is a white lamb.  My husband picked out a blue pterodactyl dinosaur for Heidi (which fits her perfectly) and Noah has a tan bear.  

I work at Walmart and I do the shopping for those who order online. The other day though they had me help in Seasonal.  I had to help put up Easter items on the shelf.  My heart was breaking looking at all the things I would not be able to get my kids for the 8th year. 

As I was putting up a box of stuffed animals, a little white lamb caught my eye.  I had the overwhelming need to hold that lamb.  My heart and arms physically ACHED for that lamb.  That lamb came home with me that day.  I KNEW it was my Ally Girl giving me a hug.  

The next item I unboxed was Easter baskets with dinosaurs on them INCLUDING blue pterodactyls.  I chuckled because I KNEW those baskets DEFINITELY came from my Heidi.  She too was giving me a hug.  

I LOVE getting hugs from my kids.  They always come when I need them the most.  

Here are pictures of my kids special stuffed animals and then pictures of my girls hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment